1. When she's not writing, a writer does eccentric things, like buying a beater sports car and taking it for a spin with a girlfriend (pictured here with me is buddy Susan Wiggs)
2. Sometimes she doesn't get very far before she has a little oopsy moment.
3. Sometimes she looks to her surroundings for inspiration.
4. She plays with writing friends. Shown here: Front row, left to right: Elsa Watson and Susan Wiggs. Back row, left to right: Suzanne Selfors and Anjali Banerjee.
5. On nice days, she commutes to her writing group by boat.(Pictured here, Skipper Wiggs)