One of the things we've done at the parties is play a chocolate trivia game. So, for those of you who don't live in my neck of the woods, I thought it would be fun to post the questions. Let's see how many answers you can get right.
1. Researchers are finding that chocolate is actually good for us. But for the best benefits it should be ___ % cacao.
2. What candy bar is named for a clumsy person?
3. Complete this jingle: N-E-S-T-L-E-S, Nestles makes the very best ________________.
4. In the movie A CHRISTMAS STORY Ralphie gets a decoder ring that tells him to be sure to .....
5. In addition to being good for our hearts, what other benefit have researchers found chocolate to offer?
A. It's an aphrodisiac
B. It's a cough suppressant
C. It works as a breath freshener
6. What city in Pennsylvania has a hotel that offers a chocolate spa?
7. What are nibs?
8. In the town of Hershey the downtown street lights are shaped like Hershey's kisses. True or False?
9. M & M's were first created for the U.S. Military. True or False?
10. What chocolate bar is named after 3 famous literary figures?
11. In 1849 a now famous San Francisco chocolate producer started out selling supplies to minter in the gold rush. Who was it?
12. Have M & M's ever gone into space?
13. According to Sheila, when is the best time to buy Valentine candy?
Okay, let's see how you did. Check the answers below to see how many you got right.
3. Chocolate (All of you who grew up in the fifties should know that one!)
4. "Drink your Ovaltine"
5. B, cough suppressant (Every man who plays this game guesses aphrodisiac)
6. Hershey, PA (I must go there to visit!)
7. Nibs are those little pieces of the roasted cacao beans
8. True (How cute!)
9. True. Our soldiers ate them during WW II
10. Three Musketeers
12. Yes! They first went into space with the 1981 Space Shuttle
13. The day after Valentines Day (Everything's 50% off)